ERT provided cardiac imaging and echocardiography services for a leading pharmaceutical company running Phase I, II, and III trials for multiple types of cancer.
Sponsor Searching for the Right Imaging Partner
The sponsor was running cardiac safety monitoring for 18 oncology drug studies over the course of 13 years, three of which were pediatric studies. These involved many global sites across five continents.
Due to the potential for chemotherapy drugs to negatively impact patient heart health and the resulting FDA requirements for cardiovascular safety monitoring, the sponsor required an experienced cardiac safety and imaging partner. To meet the needs of the range of studies, the sponsor sought out a partner they could truly count on to deliver accurate, on-time data ensuring that critical study-related decisions could be made quickly and effectively. The sponsor chose ERT due to our expertise in cardiac imaging and echocardiography.
Providing Solutions for a Complex Set of Studies
By engaging us to support the imaging needs for these clinical trials and by leveraging our high-sensitivity imaging approach and controls, the sponsor was able to:
- Successfully manage a series of 18 studies (15 adult and three pediatric), each including between 2 and 40 sites across five continents
- Successfully process and read more than 6,000 echocardiograms
- Report consistent and reproducible results via our precisely controlled imaging protocol
- Consistently meet study timelines
- Support treatment safety and efficacy claims through high-quality data and accurate imaging measurements